The CTS-Secondary courses are for secondary school English teachers who often teach multi-level groups coming from different backgrounds, typically Grades 8-12. We tailor the exact content to meet the needs of the country so that the participants will become more aware of ‘modern’ approaches to English Language Teaching.
a 10-day in-service course for a class of 16 participants
The course intends to give insights into:
- getting to know students, creating classroom contracts and basic classroom management
- asking questions, eliciting students’ knowledge, giving clear instructions and explaining lesson content without translation
- lesson sequencing for reading and listening lessons with examples
- lesson sequencing for speaking lessons as well as example activities and their stages
- increasing interaction between students through the effective use of individual (thinking time), pair and group activities
- how to evaluate and adapt course book materials to extract maximum benefit
Requirements for a Certificate:
- Minimum attendance requirement is 75% of course events.
- Practical Tasks like group and individual planning, observation, demonstration, micro-teaching, discussion and feed.
- Assessed portfolio work