The CTS pronunciation course is a one-week course for teachers of all subjects. It intends to raise awareness of the key elements of English pronunciation.
The course is practice-driven and adopts the ‘learning by doing’ approach, as it involves participants in experiencing and reflecting on various classroom activities that make learning enjoyable and effective. As an integral part of the course, participants are asked to prepare and deliver a presentation related to their subject area. This provides them with an occasion to put their improved pronunciation skills into practice.
Throughout the course participants will also develop their cooperative skills through participation in classroom activities in pairs or small groups and through peer feedback.
a 5-day in-service course for a class of 16 participants
The course intends to give insights into:
- work on key aspects of pronunciation that will help participants both to understand and to be understood.
- give participants the tools to continue developing pronunciation skills after the course
- experience practical activities which can be used in classes
Requirements for a Certificate:
- Minimum attendance requirement is 75% of course events.
- Practical Tasks like group and individual planning, observation, demonstration, micro-teaching, discussion and feed.
- Assessed portfolio work