The CTS-Primary courses are introduction to teacher development and microteaching for novice and experienced English language teachers. The courses are tailored for the needs of Primary teachers and learners, typically Grade 2-7. That is after children learn to read and write and before they start taking state exams.
a 10-day in-service course for a class of 16 participants
The course intends to give insights into:
- transforming frontal, teacher-centred mode of teaching into more student-centred
- upgrading the teachers’ general and specific language knowledge for classroom teaching
- review the main methodological areas related to teaching language skills
- apply what they have learned and teach demo lessons
Requirements for a Certificate:
- Minimum attendance requirement is 75% of course events.
- Practical Tasks like group and individual planning, observation, demonstration, micro-teaching, discussion and feed.
- Assessed portfolio work