Working with children who cannot read or write yet in their mother tongue requires specialized knowledge and skills. This course enhances effective teaching of young learners of English focusing on language development and methodology for this (3-7 year olds) age group.
The program gives an insight into training teachers to identify learning needs of young learners and build a collaborative classroom environment. The participants will also master the methodology of teaching kids and become teachers who can motivate young learners and keeping them engaged in class activities.
a 10-day in-service course for a class of 16 participants
The course intends to give insights into:
- designing fun and educational classroom activities
- helping children learn and demonstrate an understanding of the specific course content
- becoming competent and confident pre-primary level teachers who stand out from the rest
- equipping the participants with the approaches and methodologies of pre-primary teaching
- mastering the skills necessary to create a secure, warm and stimulating environment for this age group
Requirements for a Certificate:
- Minimum attendance requirement is 75% of course events.
- Practical Tasks like group and individual planning, observation, demonstration, micro-teaching, discussion and feed.
- Assessed portfolio work